Top gap cover providers in South Africa all on one page
Gaps in medical expenses have increasingly become an inseparable part of people, as more and more realise their importance. However, one challenge that most people encounter is where to start? Start with learning more about top gap cover providers in South Africa.
With the availability of numerous alternatives to chose from, getting the right cover can be a challenging venture.
Included in this article, is a thorough analysis of the top options in availed in South Africa, thus making choosing the right gap to cover an easy task.
If you are not sure what Gap cover is? It merely a short term medical insurance cover aimed at bridging the gap between the amount you medical cover pays for your specialist care and what hospitals charge.
As such, Gap cover is designed to let you focus on a quick recovery, rather than worrying about the additional bills that could amass beyond what your medical plan cover.
South Africa’s Top Gap Cover Providers
Gap plans and South Africa’s top 10 providers of gap cover.
Zestlife cover pays not only the shortfall but also includes the following:
- Differences between the medical plans and actual hospital charges.
- In-hospital treatments with an affordable co-payment.
- A payout in case you are diagnosed with cancer.
- Accidental disability cover and accidental death benefit
- The chance to opt for supplementary cover associated with cancer and dentistry.
Zestlife’sUniversal Gap Cover 2019 benefit enhancements include:
- Overall regulatory maximum for medical expense shortfall cover increased from R150 000 to R160 000.
- Cancer lump sum increased from R25 000 to R30 000.
- Casualty benefit increased from R10 000 to R20 000. Casualty visit must be within 48 hours of the accident.
- Medical Aid and Gap Cover Premium Waiver maximum increased from R6 500 toR7 300.
- Medical Aid and Gap Cover Premium Waiver limited to accidental only, but the payment period increased from 3 to 12 months. This change was due to legal requirements.
- Accidental dentistry maximum increased from R15 750 to R19 250 and amount per tooth increased from R2 250 to R2 750.
- Non-Designated Service Provider co-payment increased from R8 600 to R9 300.
- Oncology co-payment maximum increased from 20% to 25%.
- Cover for robotic procedures up to R30 000.
- Cover for procedures in day clinics.
- New Oncology Benefit to cover 20% of treatment cost when oncology limit is exceeded.
- Varicose veins have been added as an out-of-hospital procedure that is covered.
Zestlife premiums in 2019 are:
Other Gap Cover Deals
For a FREE gap cover quote simply enter your details into the form provided and click the GET A QUOTE button!
All info was correct at time of publishing