Why do you need gap cover? And more specifically what can Stratum offer? We can offer you a range of stratum gap cover benefits. To help you get the best for your money’s worth.
Stratum Medical Gap Cover
Hospitals procedures and in particular doctors may charge as much as they want. This is normally a great deal higher than the scheme payout. The member will also have to pay the difference. Medical Aids often requires members to co-pay for some procedures. This is where gap cover comes in; we will assist with all our benefits, and help pay for the shortfall.
Stratum Benefits are one of the leading medical shortfall insurers. We have experience in the Gap Insurance Industry. We design our products to benefit all kinds of lifestyles and personal financial situations.
Stratum works closely with the following Medical Aids. Members of these can apply to Stratum to arrange Gap Cover:
- Bonitas medical aid
- Discovery health medical aid
- GEMS medical aid
- Genesis medical aid
- Hosmed medical aid scheme
- Medihelp medical aid
A Few Stratum Gap Cover Benefits
- Limitless Gap Cover Benefits.
- We provide coverage for Specialist and GP shortfalls while in the hospital.
- Gaps cover extra payments up to 500% above Medical Aid Rates.
- Stratum gap cover incorporates Co-payment cover for procedures that take place in hospitals.
- Any co-payments that may be required when members are admitted to hospital.
- Out-patient CT and MRI scans.
- We limit our benefits to R60 000 per year per policy.
- Payment will be made for Cancer if required at R350 000 each year for each policy held.
Extra benefits from Stratum:
- There is a 6-month premium waiver benefit.
- In-hospital non-durable items to a maximum of R6 000.
- R12 000 per year is available for X-rays and Pathology when In Hospital.
- Accidental death cover for the primary member and spouse maximum of R 5000.
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction, providing it is in the hospital with a maximum of R 5000 per child per year.
Important Notes for joining Stratum:
- No one older than 70 years of age.
- Pre-existing conditions? There will be a 12 month waiting period before members can claim.
- Prohibition on any claim for cancer which is pre-diagnosed to the application.
- Three months general waiting period.
Claims will not be allowed during the first 12 months for the following.
- Hernia operations
- Joint replacement
- Pregnancy and childbirth
Fill in and submit the form on this page to get your one free gap cover quote.
All info was correct at time of publishing