Liberty Gap Cover
Many people are under the mistaken assumption that if they are a member of a South African medical aid schemes, they will be covered in the event of an emergency or hospitalisations. That is simply not true. Liberty gap cover will help you understand why this is.
All medical aid schemes have ceilings and limits on the amounts they will pay for hospitals, procedures or specialists. The doctors can charge far more than the plan covers. That causes a financial shortfall and is the reason why gap policies can assist you.
Liberty Gap Cover Will Protect You From Medical Aid Shortfalls
What is Gap Cover?
Gap cover is a short term insurance policy designed to cover the shortfall or gap between the rates charged by medical practitioners and the amount medical aids will pay out. Without gap cover, you could be left with enormous medical bills, despite having an excellent medical aid. That can put and extreme strain on your finances and significantly affect your savings.
What Does Liberty Medical Gap Cover Include and What can It Do for Me?
Most of the medical aid packages available do not cover the full amount charged by hospitals and specialists. It does not matter if you are on Discovery, Genesis medical aid to Momentum Health; you never have 100% cover of all medical charges. That is the reason gap cover is so important.
Liberty Gap Cover
Taking out Liberty gap cover will allow you to be secure in the knowledge that Liberty will cover the gap between medical fees and medical aid payouts.
Some Liberty Universal Gap Cover enhancements in 2019::
- Overall regulatory maximum for medical expense shortfall cover increased from R150 000 to R160 000.
- Cancer lump sum increased from R25 000 to R30 000.
- Casualty benefit increased from R10 000 to R20 000. Casualty visit must be within 48 hours of the accident.
- Medical Aid and Gap Cover Premium Waiver maximum increased from R6 500 toR7 300.
- Medical Aid and Gap Cover Premium Waiver limited to accidental only, but the payment period increased from 3 to 12 months. This change was due to legal requirements.
- Accidental dentistry maximum increased from R15 750 to R19 250 and amount per tooth increased from R2 250 to R2 750.
- Non-Designated Service Provider co-payment increased from R8 600 to R9 300.
- Oncology co-payment maximum increased from 20% to 25%.
- Cover for robotic procedures up to R30 000.
- Cover for procedures in day clinics.
- New Oncology Benefit to cover 20% of treatment cost when oncology limit is exceeded.
- Varicose veins have been added as an out-of-hospital procedure that is covered.
Additional Liberty Gap Cover Benefits:
- Internal prosthesis and artificial joint cover
- Emergency room cover for accidental injuries
- Trauma counselling
- Personal accident benefits
- Cancer sub-limit co-payment
In conclusion, if you have not looked into Gap Cover previously, now is the time to consider it.
For a FREE gap cover quote simply enter your details into the form provided and click the GET A QUOTE button!
All info was correct at time of publishing