It is imperative to avoid overlooking an opportunity to save money when looking for the medical treatment. Cheap gap cover will allow you to save more.
Though it may appear strange to suggest that one can take a health insurance such as cheap gap cover and still save money, we will give you the details about how this is possible.
The cost of medical treatment is very high in South Africa. Such that if you do not have a medical plan and cheap ap cover, you might not be able to afford to get the treatment you need.
Nonetheless, persons with medical aid plan can rest easy in the knowledge that should anything happen; their medical plan will there to cover them. However, it is a misconception that has landed lots of people into medical debts.
Cheap Gap Cover in SA
A cheap gap cover plan can be cheap and still save you lots of money
While it’s factual that your medical insurance covers your medical bills it is limited to cover standard medical plan rates.
However, only a few medical specialists charge the standard medical rates. With patients required to pay for any shortfalls that might arise.
As a result, you need to take a gap cover to take care of such disparities.
Here are some of the better known cheap gap cover providers.
Here are the rates for Zestlife gap cover:
The cover gives you a prime opportunity in the event you have cancer since it pays a lump sum the first time you are diagnosed with cancer. Zestlife will cover for any accidental death and cover you for permanent disability. What is more, they take care of any co-payments that may arise.
Enhanced Zestlife Universal Gap Cover benefits in 2019 include:
- Overall regulatory maximum for medical expense shortfall cover increased from R150 000 to R160 000.
- Cancer lump sum increased from R25 000 to R30 000.
- Casualty benefit increased from R10 000 to R20 000. Casualty visit must be within 48 hours of the accident.
- Medical Aid and Gap Cover Premium Waiver maximum increased from R6 500 toR7 300.
- Medical Aid and Gap Cover Premium Waiver limited to accidental only, but the payment period increased from 3 to 12 months. This change was due to legal requirements.
- Accidental dentistry maximum increased from R15 750 to R19 250 and amount per tooth increased from R2 250 to R2 750.
- Non-Designated Service Provider co-payment increased from R8 600 to R9 300.
- Oncology co-payment maximum increased from 20% to 25%.
- Cover for robotic procedures up to R30 000.
- Cover for procedures in day clinics.
- New Oncology Benefit to cover 20% of treatment cost when oncology limit is exceeded.
- Varicose veins have been added as an out-of-hospital procedure that is covered
Stratum offers an unlimited coverage, with low monthly premiums.
The insurance plans cover the shortfall for both specialist and co-payments. Besides, it covers gaps arising from CT scans and MRIs as well.
The gap provides a gap for up to five times your medical insurance scheme when admitted to hospitals, and the monthly premiums are affordable.
The standard plan plays for in-patient procedures, deductibles, and specialised treatment.
Comprehensive cover caters for any co-payment for hospital treatment and several deductibles and a range if outpatient treatments as well.
Essential Gap Cover
People consider this gap cover to be one of the best in South Africa, and one chooses between various membership types.
This cover will cover your shortfall up to five times your regular medical schemes. The cover has an upper annual limit per family. Also, the plan covers dialysis and cancer treatment.
Complimed Gap cover
The cover starts low but there are more expensive plans too.
That is a policy designed for employers, covering some shortfalls and its one of the long-standing products on the list.
It is a different type of deal as it does not have an age limit to join. You are just required to pay a premium of R115 monthly, and four of your family members are covered plus yourself. This medical gap covers you for dentistry and optometry.
The plan gives a comprehensive coverage without any limits. Thus you get value for your money.
It is one of the leading gap covers in South Africa covering a range of shortfalls.
For a complimentary gap cover quote simply enter your details into the form provided and click the GET A QUOTE button!
All info was correct at time of publishing